AC500-eCo is compact range of flexible and economic configuration PLC from ABB.
Salient Features of ABB AC500-eCo PLC;
Economical entry level for PLC stand-alone solutions
- Investment-saving solution due to hardware and software compatibility with the AC500 family
- Cost-saving solution for example, simple-to-position applications with configurable interrupts, fast counters and pulse-width modulation outputs
- Space-saving solution due to high functionality with integrated onboard digital and analogue I/Os
- Time-saving solution using multiple serial ports for simultaneous engineering and communication
- 128 kB program memory, program processing time 0.08 µs/instruction.
- CPU module PM556 and PM566 with 512 kB program memory for more complex applications available.
- 1 onboard RS485 serial interface (2nd is optional).
- Centrally expandable with up to 10 I/O modules (standard S500 and/or S500-eCo modules can be mixed) – this means up to 335 local I/O channels.
- Optional SD card/SD card adapter for data storage and program backup.
- Fast counter up to 50 kHz.
- All analog inputs on PM564 and PM566 CPUs can be configured as digital inputs to allow individual customer solutions.
- Modbus data can be directly stored in the non volatile area of the internal data memory.
- Web server, FTP server and SNTP features for Ethernet CPUs.
- PM556 and PM566 CPUs contain SMTP client for sending emails.
- The AC500-eCo delivers an impressive set of programming features.
- ABB uses a standard IEC61131-3-based programming system for the entire AC500 family
ABB AC500 Family
ABB’s AC500 CPU is backbone of automation systems that demands Reliability, Flexibility and Efficiency.
AC500 family range is scalable and best suited to solutions where highly availability is must like the water management and distribution sector.
The AC500 can be used in many different applications, for example wind mills, solar trackers, high-volume circuit breaker production, large vessels, tunnel automation, traffic control, packaging, printing machines and robotics.
- Choose the AC500 platform and you can participate in our know-how on different applications and our software libraries (e.g. motion control, water, solar, drives).
- Scalable; CPU PM571, PM581, PM591
- SD Card Slot
- Built in Display
- Available with integrated ARCNET/Ethernet
- Plug In expansion IO modules
- Plug In IO Modules for local expansion as well as remote decentralize expansion
- FBP interface
- Multipurpose usage with 1,2 and 3 wire design
For connection to standard field bus systems and integration into existing networks. Up to
four communication modules in any desired combination are allowed at one CPU, resulting in a high degree of communication.